“I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world – this makes it hard to plan the day!” – E.B. White
Prior to transitioning to real estate, Jennifer Hosterman lived a life of public service, first as a councilmember for the city of Pleasanton, and then as the mayor of Pleasanton from 2004-2012. During that time, she addressed many issues facing the city, including transportation, land use, balanced housing needs and types, providing jobs by building the local economy, addressing serious environmental issues, providing partnership opportunities between the city and the school district, and so much more. Jennifer is very proud to have provided leadership that resulted in yearly awards for a balanced budget!
Her time in public service taught Jennifer that doing the right thing, in the face of strong opposition, is of utmost importance. An effective leader must understand the issues at hand, identify all options, take input from the public, and finally reach a decision which best serves the community at large. She brings these same qualities to her work as a real estate professional, but instead of focusing on the entire community, she is able to turn her attention to directly serving one client at a time.
Areas served: Bay Area with a focus on East Bay/Alameda County
Specialties: Residential Properties, Luxury Market, Ranch/Ranchettes, Investment Properties, Residential Income, Multi-Family Income Properties, 1031 Exchange
· Pleasanton Weekly Tri-Valley Heroes' Award, 2014
· Alumni of the Year, John F. Kennedy University School of Law, 2014
· Certificate of Appreciation, Women's Council of Realtors, Southern Alameda County, 2011
· Bachelor’s of Science in Business from the University of San Francisco
· Juris Doctor Degree from John F. Kennedy University School of Law
· Girl Scout leader
· Soccer coach
· Site council representative at elementary, middle and high schools
· Volunteer for causes related to breast cancer awareness
Family: Husband, Mike, and daughters, Heather, Sarah and Megan
Interests: Feeding the hungry, animal adoption, Master Falconer – hunting jackrabbits with her beautiful female Harris hawk, Sarraqa